So this week has been a bit of an interesting one - this will be a little short because today's P-day is kind of jam packed.
Well something big happened: the end of the transfer is next Monday but President Blickenstaff called Sister Defranchi in the middle of the week to tell her that she will be training a new missionary - which means I will be moving this Friday :(. Don't know where yet, but I just know I will be moving. When he said that - it was a little bittersweet - I'm happy to go wherever the Lord wants me to go, but leaving Chao Zhou and Sister Defranchi will be really hard. At first - I was a little upset - I felt like every time things were starting to look up something would happen that would pull me back. I felt like for the past couple of weeks we've come close to good things - but then they didn't happen. Anyways as I was throwing myself a pity party I opened a letter from Sister Peterson ( my trainer/companion from when I was serving in Pittsburgh) Her letter is something that has helped me a lot this week. I want to share part of her letter (including a poem) with all of you. it says,
"Put up in a place where it's easy to see
the cryptic admonishment
When you feel how depressingly slowly you climb,
it's well to remember that Things Take Time
One of the reasons missions get hard sometimes is because good things don't happen fast enough. Investigators don't progress fast enough, mastering the scriptures does not happen fast enough, development of leadership skills does not happen fast enough, prayers don't get answered fast enough, your own spirituality does not grow fast enough. Well, on those days, just remember T.T.T. The knowledge, growth, skills and things you seek for yourself and for others are coming. Trust that God's timetable is ALWAYS better than yours even if it is USUALLY slower."
Later that day I also got a package from my mom with some letters. She gave me a lot of words of encouragement and advice that was similar to Sister Peterson's. It was the perfect thing I needed to hear- and I don't think it was a coincidence - I think the Lord really has ways to let us know that everything is going to be ok.
Event's of the week:
1. Met with Lin CHen Mei Ling ( a less active) and read the Book of Mormon with her.
2. Had our Last district training meeting because I'm moving and our district leader, Elder Ward, is headed home next week!
3. Had 20 kids in our english class and some of their parents were also there. It was like a zoo. But 2 families want to meet with the missionaries!
4. Taught Lin Jie Mei the second RC (recent convert) Lesson - she has such a great understanding of the Gospel :)
5. Had active member lessons with Han Jie Mei, Jian Jie Mei, Zhuang Jie Mei, and the Liu Family.
6. Had my last sunday in the Chao Zhou ward. They asked me to bear my testimony and I'm pretty sure there were more tears than words... but I hope they got the message I was trying to convey.
Story of the week: I woke up to go to the bathroom and noticed that there was a giant cockroach on the ceiling ( keep in mind - I'm on the top bunk). Screamed. Yelled for Sister Defranchi. She grabbed the cockroach killing spray and sprayed it until it fell down. She whacked it in half with a broom. Then we read the instructions on the bottle which said, ”After spraying, DO NOT enter the room for at least 30 minutes." So.. we ended up just sleeping at our desks outside of our bedroom…