So this week I don't have much time to email, so this is going to be condensed. Here are some of the "exciting" things that happened this week.
1. Said bye to my Pennsylvania trainer, Sister Peterson. Which was way to sad for me to handle.
2. Woke up at 4:30am to go on a plane to new york. Then to Japan. Then to Taiwan. Plane flight total hours: 22.
3. Arrived Taiwan. Met up with some missionaries in the airport from my MTC district and zone :)
4. Had the "Dan Jones experience". Dan Jones was an incredible missionary who was famous for getting on a soap box and preaching to millions of people in a crowd. So- we got to do the exact same thing. Our mission president had us get up on a crate and preach. In the night market. In front of an insane amount of strangers. In Chinese.Yeah... not going to forget that night.
5. Met my trainer/new companion! Sister Defranchi. She is from France, is half french and half taiwanese. 5'9. With me, who's 5'0. Yeah, we are an interesting looking companionship. BUT, she is an incredible missionary and I am already learning so much from her!
6. Got assigned to the Chao Zhou area, which is the most southern you can go in this mission. The more southern you are, the hotter it is. Yay. But, there is a great ward here and the members are very caring of the missionaries :) I just hope I don't die from a heat stroke.
7. We are white washing the area, which means there were no sister missionaries in this area before we got here. We are both brand new to the area. ( Usually the trainer has already been in the area for a long time and the trainee just learns from her, but this time we are both learning)
8. Cleaned and scrubbed the apartment until it was livable.
9. Lived in an apartment with no gas to cook. No filtered water. No hot water. No AC. Oh and no beds. It was a very humbling experience, and made me grateful for all the things I took for granted back at home. (Now we are slowly but surely getting things fixed)
10. Bought a week's worth of groceries for $4.
11. Almost got hit by a truck/car/motorcycle/scooter 8 times while being here.
Alright I have to run but, I am so grateful to finally be here! Can't wait to serve the people here! Love you all!
Love, Sister Liu
劉 姐 妹