Wayy too much food // Progressing investigators :) // Biking // Cockroaches
This week has been filled with so many things!
A typhoon might be coming soon so I'm going to have to send this pretty quickly...
First, shout out to my family that I just got to skype for mothers day! It was so good to see everyone, miss you all already! Also, Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful, incredibly supportive Mom and all the other moms out there!
Things that happened this week :)
1. Helped a member make 150 soaps for a wedding
2. Went on exchanges ( it's where we switch companions for a day, I went to an area called Sanmin)
3. On exchanges, a girl walked into the church looking for english class, (which was actually the next day) so we took her on a church tour, and taught her how to pray. She loved being in the church, and said she could really feel that there was something special there. She is set up to meet with the missionaries later this week :)
4. On thursday we ate 6 meals, by far the most I have eaten my entire time here... We had meal appointments set up with members, but then some investigators also wanted to take us out for meals, I never thought I would say this, but it is possible to have too much food...
5. Celebrated the bishop's birthday! All the missionaries got him a tie, of course, because what else would you get a bishop? :)
6. Met with an investigator, Chen Yue Gui, we have been trying to meet with her for the past couple of weeks, but haven't made it in the door.. but we made it in on thursday! We talked to her about the book of mormon and how Jesus Christ is the center of our message.
7. We met Su Xiao Jie twice this week! We are working on her coffee addiction. We call her every day, and she calls us whenever she feels like drinking coffee. She gets really bad headaches when she doesn't drink it, but we have been praying super hard for her, and these past couple of days she hasn't gotten headaches! I know the Lord is really blessing her, and as long as she keeps on having faith, he will continue to help along this path.
8. Biked about 45 minutes to go visit our investigator, Kelly, and her mom. Her mom works in a shop far away from town, but it was totally worth it! We were able to share a quick message and I think it meant a lot to them that we came to visit their shop :) Kelly's baptismal date is still set for May 30th!
9. Went home to a GIANT cockroach... Which resulted in Sister Defranchi throwing multiple shoes at it/whacking it repeatedly with a broom and me producing some very loud screams...
All in all it was a very eventful week! I am starting to really really love this place. It is so funny how as a missionary you start to love everyone, even people you don't know. I hope all of you have a wonderful week and enjoy every moment of it! I realize that as long as we really focus on the blessings we receive, we can figure out that the blessings outweigh the discouraging or disappointing moments.
Quote of the week: "Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile"
Love you all to the moon and back!
Always, Sister Michelle Liu
劉 姐 妹